1. They aren’t perfect circles
2. They stay relatively moisturized (via the oil that naturally secretes from the areola glands),
3. They give off a scent (also via the oil that naturally secretes from the areola glands,
4. They can be visible through shirts (like nipples),
5. They get super black and massively huge before birth,
6. Contrary to breastfeeding advice, when my children nurse, the whole areola does not fit in their mouth,
7. My areola feels a little waxy (...and I think it’s the oil from the areola glands).
Have you studied your breasts? What have you noticed?
Until next time.